I really enjoy working the V stitch, it’s quick, simple, and definitely makes your yarn go further whilst also giving a beautiful look.
Find the written tutorial below along with picture guides for each round.
Picture guides are in Caron Simply Soft yarn with a 6mm hook
STITCHES AND PATTERN INFO
- I have written this tutorial using US terms
- Double magic ring / magic ring – QuickVid tutorials available in the learning zone
- Ch = chain
- Dc = double crochet
- Vst = V stitch – DC Ch1 DC both DC worked in the same stitch
- Slst = slip stitch
- Chsp = chain space
- ()x = repeat X times
- Ch4 at the beginning of each round counts as a DC and a ch1 throughout pattern
PATTERN – Written
All picture guides for the rounds are at the bottom of the tutorial.
Begin by creating a loop with your preferred method (double magic ring, magic ring, or ch4 slst into a ring)
- Ch4 DC into the ring, ch2, Vst into the ring, ch2 Vst into the ring, ch2, Vst into the ring, ch2, slst to 3rd ch of ch4. Tun and slst into the corner chsp
- Ch4 dc into corner chsp, (Vst into the next corner chsp, ch2 Vst into the same corner chsp)3, Vst into the next corner chsp, ch2, slst to 3rd Ch of Ch4. Turn and slst into the corner chsp.
- Ch4 dc into the corner chsp, (sk Vst from round below, Vst between the 2 Vst in round below, sk Vst from round below, Vst into the corner chsp, ch2, Vst into the same corner chsp)3, sk Vst from round below, Vst between the two Vst in round below, Vst into the corner chsp, ch2, slst to 3rd Ch of Ch4. Turn and slst into the corner chsp.
To continue growing your V stitch blanket repeat round 3 with an additional V stitch on each side, The pattern follows a simple repeat where you have 2 Vst separated by a ch2 in each corner chsp, and a Vst in between each Vst of the round below. Check out the first 6 rounds in the picture guides below.
I hope you’re enjoying my crochet journey, if you’d like to help support me to continue providing content and new patterns which take much time, effort and love please support me by buying me a coffee. Your support means so much 💕